What is this fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machollie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it a pi Betta?

Attachments

• image-1001442379.jpg
    image-1001442379.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 75
Fixed your title and moved the thread to a more appropriate forum, where hopefully you will get more help. Good luck with your I.D.

Looks like Trichopsis pumila. Or a sparkling gourami.

That's it thank you. Now I have two of them with mollies and neons and a frog and 2 albino cat fish. One mollies has been stopped of tail and a fin and now dead is it these doing it as these 2 and neons are new but neons seen fine as others not so sure? Help please its so sad

Perfect that is what they are.... Now are they the ones nibbling on Molly tail and fins? I have other fish but never has any issues till added these. I have African dwarf frogs, mollies, Betta fighter, albino cat fish and neons plus the breed you named. I need to figure it out as lost my best Molly and its upsetting as it just happened all of a sudden in a day!

Hope this helps. I was told he was good as long as only Betta but its friendly. I thought I was being good as I checked obviously lied to for the sale.

Attachments

• image-2813282362.jpg
    image-2813282362.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 64
Hope this helps. I was told he was good as long as only Betta but its friendly. I thought I was being good as I checked obviously lied to for the sale.

That is a male betta. I wouldn't put a male betta in a community of fish

Ok need to look how to keep him then as I am attached to him well offer fish really! Thanks

I just seen it swipe at my other little female molly all she did was swim past him. Can I pop him in a box I have when my mollies have fry? Just a box that you keep fry in till big enough to sell or swim freely so they don't get eaten just till I figure out how to keep him? And maybe buy his own little tank.

I just seen it swipe at my other little female molly all she did was swim past him. Can I pop him in a box I have when my mollies have fry? Just a box that you keep fry in till big enough to sell or swim freely so they don't get eaten just till I figure out how to keep him? And maybe buy his own little tank.

Id put the betta in the box thing. Then get the betta a small tank

I too have a male betta, and put him in my 20g tank with a group of guppies and neon tetras. My betta seems to get along with them, but I think it is because he is so old. He doesn't care for them, or my catfish and shrimps. He likes to stare at them =)

But I also keep a 1g bowl for my female betta, she is super aggressive.

I think your betta would be happier in a bowl of his own. =) Good idea!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom