What is this floating on the surface ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Secios

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi i go this deposit of something floating on the surface . Anybody knows what it is ? Just started this tank again 2 days ago.

Ian

image-3346605748.jpg

image-3488142146.jpg

It looks like a bio film to me. You can either increase surface agitation or buy a surface skimmer to get rid of it. It's not harmful just unsightly.

Then it could just be a bacterial bloom. Do you know about cycling? You dont have fish right?

Oké so i shouldnt care about ? No fish . Altough i dont think Its that. It was there after the first night. When it was just checking equipment.

Ian

So Its nothing chemical right ? Because i washed the tank as there was soap in it.

Its al good right ?

You used soap to wash the tank? Thats a big no no. Next time use vinegar

yes i know, it was in time of crisis at home.

i cleaned the tank with vinegar previous to setting it up again

but how can it be a bacteria bloom if it was the same as the first day when it was just equipment checking and there was nothing added?

Ian

yes i know, it was in time of crisis at home.

i cleaned the tank with vinegar previous to setting it up again

but how can it be a bacteria bloom if it was the same as the first day when it was just equipment checking and there was nothing added?

Ian

Well I said it could be but there is no way of knowing for sure until you get your test kit. You should add more surface agitation and that film on top should start to dissappear

anybody else has an opinion on the pictures?

Ian

Back
Top Bottom