what is this gorgeous plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyred

Aquarium Advice Addict
I planted a lot of stuff here and there in my 29. Some of it worked out some of it didn't. Because of uprootings, and rearrangements and what not I know do not know what this plant is. Can anyone id??

Attachments

• plant_152.jpg
    plant_152.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 207
looks alot like my giant hygro. i dont know the technical name but check out THIS link and see if u can find one that resembles it.

That's actually what I thought it was too. I had a bunch of giant hygro that came in a package and most of it floated after a while and took a bunch out becuase it wasn't rooting well. I believe this specimen survived behind my rum drinking skeleton and is now growing very fast. Thanks for the confirmation Mr. Funktastic!!!

i will take apic of my giant hygro tonight so we can comapre. mine doesnt grow very fast but incredibly huge leaves and very full. i find after a while the lower leaves will rot away casue they dont get enough light from the biggger leaves shading it.

Okay, sounds like a winner. This thing was invisible and slowly but surely it just keep getting taller and taller. That's good though, because it's in front of my internal filter and I need something to hide that ugly thing. LOL

What to do with destroyed blossom?

This morning my a. nana has it's blossom, this evening I discovered the white part is missing. I figure one of the girls yanked it out.

Think I remember reading that finished blossoms need to be clipped? If so, should I clip just the flower part or the whole stem it was on?

Back
Top Bottom