What is this on my plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brybell

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! So I have a 20h that is almost done cycling.

I have some amazon swords, and a couple anubias nana as well as some crypt wendtii.

I have noticed there are small little light brownish things on the leaves.

image-2304676328.jpg

on this one it almost looks a little fuzzy.

what should I do?

I dose api leaf zone weekly and have some flourish roottabs

If it rubs off, its diatoms. If not idk, im no plant expert, I am dosing the same as you and both my tanks have it. My swordtails like to eat it though, so I could suggest getting some cheap ones.

If it rubs off, its diatoms. If not idk, im no plant expert, I am dosing the same as you and both my tanks have it. My swordtails like to eat it though, so I could suggest getting some cheap ones.

ya they do rub off, i can knock them off the leaves. hmmm i wonder what i could do. i guess get a snail or something i read those eat em up.

Since it rubs of more than likely it is the diatoms there mostly from the cycling process once you get some fish in there they'll go away that much I do know lol. My platys and ottos keep all that stuff in check.

I would suggest nerite. They love diatoms and can only breed in saltwater. Also, if your stock allows, swords. Im telling you they pick it clean.

Since it rubs of more than likely it is the diatoms there mostly from the cycling process once you get some fish in there they'll go away that much I do know lol. My platys and ottos keep all that stuff in check.

ok cool. thanks, i was a lil worried thought it could be algae startin or somethin.

do corys eat that kinda stuff to?

Back
Top Bottom