What is this white stuff in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pettygil

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thank you. I appreciate it. Do you know what this is in my tank? Is it a bacterial bloom. The only thing I used in my tank is fritz 7, conditioner, that is all I use in my tanks. I never use soap in the tanks. I just used water and a sponge. Sponge never had soap. It is a new sponge. Is it algae?

Attachments

• IMG_20230212_203108.jpg
    IMG_20230212_203108.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 20
I did not add aquarium fertiliser

algae is green so it's not algae.

can we get a picture from the side?

do add aquarium fertiliser?

what is fritz 7?

I did not add aquarium fertiliser. Fritz 7 is bacteria in a bottle, to help my tank cycle faster. I could have added more conditioner. I did a 75 percent water change and now everything looks better. I will keep an eye out for it. Make sure everything looks ok.

pic from the side

pic from the side

Attachments

• IMG_20230213_001532.jpg
    IMG_20230213_001532.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 19
On suction cups, but with the plastic it does not hold very well. It also has a clip on the back to hold the filter up.

If it's just a suction cup, you can try to take a net to it and see if it separates from the cup and you can net it out of the tank. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's fungused food something that has decayed.

I'll try no net out of the tank water.

If it's just a suction cup, you can try to take a net to it and see if it separates from the cup and you can net it out of the tank. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's fungused food something that has decayed.

I'll try to net out tank water. If it comes back again. I did a 75 percent water change, and then it looked a lot better. I took a look today and it still looked ok, I will keep my eye out on it. When I feed my fish. You're probably right about decayed food. I keep doin water changes everyday, hopefully that is ok to do.

Back
Top Bottom