What is this?!? White thing on live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahoDMV

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was just looking at my tank and I noticed this white thing dangling from my live rock. It has a little bit of orange on it? Is it some sort of starfish? Or is it a parasite?

This is the best I can do with the picture. And since I took the picture the thing has moved into a hiding spot.

Attachments

• image-876560632.jpg
    image-876560632.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 124
  • image-3069098136.jpg
    image-3069098136.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 136
A better pic would help, but it could be an asterina. That blenny is amazing... What type?

OP, correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks to be a tailspot blenny. I love mine! Lots of color and even more personality!!

Yup a tail spotted blenny.

I can't get anymore pictures because I can't find it anymore.

Are they good to keep or should I get rid of it?

Found a picture and that exactly how the one I found looks like.

Attachments

• image-459943461.jpg
    image-459943461.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 100
I have no problems with the few that I have, but I have heard of people running into problems with them over populating the tank. I figure if that happens, it will be an opportune time to get that harlequin shrimp pair I've always wanted. :)

Just warning you, they split really fast. Between those and collonista snails, our tank looks pretty crazy at night.

Ahh, collonista snails, the plight of my nano cube. I can't run a float switch ATO on my cube anymore because of them!

Back
Top Bottom