What is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monroe10

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-1599073582.jpg

This just popped up one week and idk what it is, is it some kind of anemone?

I figured it was, but what kind or just what is it?

I want to say it has too many tentacles for a majano, so keep an eye on it. I'm not exactly sure at this time. It'd be cool if you picked up a free bubble tip, but don't believe that is it either.

I vote for manjano too. These spread. Most reefers remove these guys.

Looks like a majano to me as well. They do not require perfect water or high light. If it is a majano it can start spreading rapidly. There are a number of different closely related types that are more or less vigorous so your mileage may vary.

Ok because I saw it last week and there hasn't been much change it in so gar

Ok because I saw it last week and there hasn't been much change it in so gar

It has probably been there for a while, just in a spot you couldn't see. Something made it move, and now you can see it. Unless it starts cruising around the tank, or more start popping up it likely isn't that big of a problem. If you recently added any rock that is probably your source. Otherwise, this is a longtime resident that you just haven't seen before. Don't worry, that happens to the best of us.

It would have been really cool if it was a bubble tip tho hahah

image-686986991.jpg

So this is what it looks like now, I haven't seen any spread, still any idea what it is?

Still looks like a majano to me. A bubble tip wouldn't have that open oral disk. At last I as far as I know. I've never seen a BTA spawnling. There are some zoanthid type polyps that have a similar appearance, but they don't typically have the ability to move. At least not on their own. Sometimes a second party will uproot them and the have to reattach, but this seems unlikely in your case.

Back
Top Bottom