What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boolay1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, been away for a couple of days and the timer on my lights did not work and the lights seem to have been on all the time. My Banner fish has white spot and have these, hundreds of them on the back wall????

image-377443777.jpg

image-2841988951.jpg

Amphipods. Good hitchhiker. Eats algae/detritus. Fish like to eat them so I'm surprised they're out. They come out at night usually.

Amphipods. Good hitchhiker. Eats algae/detritus. Fish like to eat them so I'm surprised they're out. They come out at night usually.

Ok thanks, going to have to start the copper treatment tomorrow again

Hopefully you don't have any inverts or corals. There's other ways to get rid of ich (Im assuming that's what it is). Sometimes it goes away by itself.

Hopefully you don't have any inverts or corals. There's other ways to get rid of ich (Im assuming that's what it is). Sometimes it goes away by itself.

I have been trying other ways and it's killed my whole tank apart from the lion fish

What other ways did you try? Its basically copper or Hyposalinity to cure. Ideally neither are done in your display tank. Using copper will make it so you can never have corals.

What other ways did you try? Its basically copper or Hyposalinity to cure. Ideally neither are done in your display tank. Using copper will make it so you can never have corals.

I have done one treatment of coral and the banner fish has now died too. Just about to start the second dose of treatment. It is my display tank.... No more corals for me fish only :(

Back
Top Bottom