What is this???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never seen anything quite like that so what I would do is cut off the tiny branches it's growing on and see if it comes back. If so then I'd do a Hydrogen Peroxide treatment on it.

Here s the thing, I did a hydrogen soak & scrubbed the dickens out of that DW outside of the tank maybe a month ago.
It was on the DW then, too.Those are main branches, so amputation s not an option.
I may just let it grow & see what happens !:) It has kind of a 'stag horn ' look.

I've never seen staghorn that looks so thick. It's usually very delicate looking and branches like crazy. Try hitting it with a syringe of hydrogen peroxide 3% but turn off your filters first and leave off for 20 minutes. You can use a liquid carbon as well.

IKR?
I ll leave it for awhile.
IF it doesn t spread, then I d be scared !

Here s the thing, I did a hydrogen soak & scrubbed the dickens out of that DW outside of the tank maybe a month ago.
It was on the DW then, too.Those are main branches, so amputation s not an option.
I may just let it grow & see what happens !:) It has kind of a 'stag horn ' look.

I think Rivercats meant cut off a tiny "branch" of the growth, not a branch from your driftwood!

So someone I sent a pic to from my LFS thinks it s hydra......not convinced tho.

Its a brackish water seaweed. Your wood probably came from a brackish water inlet somewhere and still contained the "seed" plant.

Thanks for the info! Was wondering why it would just show up, it s been in my tank for almost a year.
So is it ok to leave it in there ?

Back
Top Bottom