What is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matlon41

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so my little sister got this new tank and i helped her starting it up after it have been nasty and ugly. but then we just looked at the hood and wondered what this is.

i would be thankfull if any of you guys could tell me this

Attachments

• 20160505_085720036_iOS.jpg
    20160505_085720036_iOS.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 102
Nope

No it wasn't

i will try take another picture, it might help to get it from another angle

also i dont understand why it it like a little box and what its used for

Attachments

• 20160505_132831961_iOS.jpg
    20160505_132831961_iOS.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 95
I guessing on both but thought would be dried plant leaves(?) and wondering if the box was for an auto-feeder or filter. Are you able to google or post the brand? I'm afraid I probably won't recognise it but someone more local should (assuming you are in US).

Maybe it's a plate you can maybe push out and snap off to be able to put food through? Lol I'm probably way off

OK

OK thanks for your replies. im glad you got those thoughts about the box. :)

And i think it is for a filter og an autofeed device. i live in denmark. unfotunatly i am not able to see what the brand is, because i couldnt find any place to look for it, which maked it hard to google. :blink:

and of course if you have more ideas to what it can be you are welcome to post

OK thanks for your replies. im glad you got those thoughts about the box. :)

And i think it is for a filter og an autofeed device. i live in denmark. unfotunatly i am not able to see what the brand is, because i couldnt find any place to look for it, which maked it hard to google. :blink:

and of course if you have more ideas to what it can be you are welcome to post

It's for overflow filter the small hole would be the feeding hole and the larger for the water fall

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice thank you

If you get creative you can build undergravel filter and hook to to the overflow, this way the water will get filtered through the gravel, then through the media up the undergravel filter to the overflow where it can get something like 3rd stage filtration and then back to tank ? That's what I would do most likely and its provide adequate filtration

Yeah thats a good idea

Back
Top Bottom