What kind of algae is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had this algae on the back of my tank for several weeks and I decided to monkey with it during my water change.

It's very difficult to remove. As you can see from the picture, I've hardly made a dent in it. I've had to scrub so hard that (1) I'm afraid I'm going to scratch the glass and (2) I'm beginning to scrap away some of the coraline on the back.

I feel like a moron asking, but should I leave this alone? Should I get additional snails (I have four)? Yikes! I'm not quite sure what do with it.

Thank you!
img_755953_0_7636b885e7e609477646a1a52f977dd4.jpg

I have this too, it's Spot Algae. Very hard and extremely difficult to get off, yet I do have luck with a razor blade or Algae Scraper, if you want to go commercial with it. :)

If you use tap water, that's likely your cuprit. It grows very quickly in my tank and nothing eats it.

After leaving my tank for 2-3 weeks, my brown diatom algae problem disappeared and the walls were now covered in this green stuff! It's VERY hard to rub off... I managed to get it off the front of my glass but I opted to just leave it on the side... I'm not quite sure what I can do

At least it doesn't look that bad :)

Back
Top Bottom