What kind of cory is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mayreee

Aquarium Advice Activist
The people at the LFS I used to visit said it was a green cory and thats all they know. I don't think it is one though. Anyone know what kind it is?

cory.jpg

cool, I thought my LFS was wrong in calling them the green cories. Its funny we had the same question :D

:D Thats funny rubysoho!! Maybe it is something about the area we live in.
Thanks guys! I am glad to know what they are now.

The species is Corydoras aeneus which my LFS called a "green/gold cory". These are geat little fish that in my experience are very shy. If they spot any movement they will run and hide until they think it is safe then they will start moving about the tank again. I would recommend keeping at least 3 and preferably 5 together as they do like to school. I was able to get mine to spawn repeatedly although the most fry that I was able to successfully raise from one spawning was 4. It is hard to tell but it appears that you have 2 males. The female is usually bigger and has a more rounded body.

gheitman said:
The species is Corydoras aeneus which my LFS called a "green/gold cory". These are geat little fish that in my experience are very shy. If they spot any movement they will run and hide until they think it is safe then they will start moving about the tank again. I would recommend keeping at least 3 and preferably 5 together as they do like to school. I was able to get mine to spawn repeatedly although the most fry that I was able to successfully raise from one spawning was 4. It is hard to tell but it appears that you have 2 males. The female is usually bigger and has a more rounded body.

Yes I noticed they were shy. When they see me the go and hide. I will get some more soon. I got 4, but the LFS I went to repeatedly sells me diseased fish but I will not go there anymore. So maybe this weekend I will go to another place and pick up some more.

Oh yeah Bronze Cories are excellent i had 3 once even one that was blind, hmmm i dont have hardly any pics of them and am not sure if they are pygmy cories or bronze cories....but that is another story, they were shy though!

Dan

Back
Top Bottom