what kind of diffuser do you guys use for your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm thinking about buying pressurized co2 and im wondering what kind of diffuser i should get

I'm going to try the glass diffuser that came with my Milwaukee regulator, needle valve, solenoid, and bubble counter. Just got to figure out how to set it up.

www.thatpetplace.com sells a cool looking CO2 setup for 20 bucks anda refill kit for like 6 bucks that has everything you need including bubble counter and a thing you put in your tank that reads how much CO2 is in your tank, wether its not enough of overkill, its really cool, check it out

But it's only good for smaall tanks. Not practical for larger tanks like my 75g. Would constantly be buying refills, and would need more than just 1 system on the tank.

I used a phosban reactor (powered) and it works very well. 0 waste.. It depends on much money you want to put into it. Aquamedic 1000 is one of the best.

Japola, depends on a lot of things, how far you want to drive it, PH controller or no? surface aggitation, diffusion method. but average I would say 4 months. I'm hoping to get about 7-8 out of my 10lb.

I'm using an Aqua-Medic "Reactor 1000" plumbed in-line with my cannister. ~100% efficient, no in-tank clutter, silent, and no bubbles to mar the water clarity.

I'm using an Aqua-Medic "Reactor 1000" plumbed in-line with my cannister. ~100% efficient, no in-tank clutter, silent, and no bubbles to mar the water clarity.

hmm, I get lots of bubbles in the water, typically after 4pm and they come off the plants :)

I had a glass diffuser, but found it a pain to clean. I'm now using Eheim diffusers that have a removable ceramic disc that is a breeze to clean. They cost about $15 each and I got them from www. aquariumguys.com I've been real happy with them but I'm looking to rig some sort of CO2 reactor in the future. :)

When I went to AF they said to use diffuser that makes small pubbles that hits a current.They had a taiwanese brand of diffuser that made supper teeny weeny size bubbles that were hit by a flow of water,the duffuser was placed on the bottom while being hit by a flow of water from a Fluval internal filter.

Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:

hmm, I get lots of bubbles in the water, typically after 4pm and they come off the plants :)

funny guy! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom