What kind of fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melita

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My brother in law just inherited a tank and 5 fish. He's been over feeding so the water is absolutely disgusting, I just did a 75% water change and I will probably do another on Wednesday. We are having trouble figuring out what kind of fish he has though.

They were semi aggressive to the guppies that they were housed with, which is why he ended up getting them.

The water is, as I stated, awful. I wouldn't normally pull them out to get a picture but I couldn't get a picture of their color otherwise.

Attachments

• DSC_0110.jpg
    DSC_0110.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
I am almost 100% sure that is a giant Danio. They are semi aggressive

I found another picture from before he got them in his tank. Would this confirm your thoughts? I thought danio too just didn't know what kind

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120507_211108.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120507_211108.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 85
Dirty said:
I found another picture from before he got them in his tank. Would this confirm your thoughts? I thought danio too just didn't know what kind

Yeah, now I'm sure. My brother has some and they look just like your brother In laws. Beautiful fish but can be aggressive.

Thanks Guppyman! Now I know how to help my bro in law with them more

Definitely giant danio, I have one myself in a tank with a bala shark and Angelfish, I wouldn't say they're aggressive but I do see him chasing my shark around and vice versa... maybe just playing around? I've had them for almost 2 years :)

They seemed to be nipping at my friends guppies. They have a 45 gal tank with about 10 guppies and 2 plecos. The danio were introduced and just wouldn't stop with harassing the guppies, so they decided to give away the danios. They had inherited them as well. There are 5 of them now in a 15 gal tank, with some brush cover in one corner and lots of places to swim about.

Back
Top Bottom