What kind of fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The guy didn't know and was 5 dollars he is eating flake food I like how he sleeps in a hole of my rocks at night

Could it be a neon goby? They resemble cleaner wrasses and feed on commercial fish food.

Reactions: HN1
I'm pretty confident it's a cleaner wrasse. Neon gobies have a short stumpy sorta snout.

Those are for FW this is saltwater. I'm almost positive it's a cleaner wrasse. How is it doing? I heard they are hard to keep, but I guess your guy is an exception as he eats flakes...

WRASSE
img_2137305_0_18e9b8ac5a60985fbceeb1f4a6a6e3cd.jpg

NEON GOBI
img_2137305_1_ca3070486064cb75104287043bd9e66e.jpg

ENGINEER GOBI
img_2137305_2_4ad83956cb31852b8680de16030bbacb.jpg

I'm still leaning towards the wrasse(y)

Def. the wrasse. This isn't really about if it's a wrasse or a goby so hope you don't mind...but how do you know how to differentiate a cleaner wrasse and that other fake wrasse that looks just like it, but eats scales off of the fish or something. I'm sure there has to be some of those going around in the business. :hide:

I think it is an under-nourished neon goby. JMO based on fin shape. Skip the flake and feed it some mysis regardless of species.

Def. the wrasse. This isn't really about if it's a wrasse or a goby so hope you don't mind...but how do you know how to differentiate a cleaner wrasse and that other fake wrasse that looks just like it, but eats scales off of the fish or something. I'm sure there has to be some of those going around in the business. :hide:

the one pictured is a cleaner

haven't seen a look alike wrasse:D

I honestly thought it was a neon goby because of its diet. Cleaner wrasses almost never eat prepared foods.

I have proof that it's a neon goby. The fish in question has a circular tail. The picture of a cleaner wrasse posted by 54seaweed, has a somewhat triangular tail. The fish's mouth is also not as pointed as a wrasse's mouth.

bettaowner said:
I have proof that it's a neon goby. The fish in question has a circular tail. The picture of a cleaner wrasse posted by 54seaweed, has a somewhat triangular tail. The fish's mouth is also not as pointed as a wrasse's mouth.

It's a cleaner wrasse. Neon goby eyes are half black half silver. This wrasse has mainly black eyes.

The wrasse has black strip along the body that merges with the eye while the neon goby is the opposite and has the blue stripe running thru/touching the eye so I'm sticking with wrasse :)

Back
Top Bottom