What kind of freshwater puffer for a 29 gallon???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What kind of puffer can I get for a 29 gallon tank??? It will be the only fish in the tank!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What kind of puffer can I get for a 29 gallon tank??? It will be the only fish in the tank!

My favorite freshwater puffer is the Arrowhead Puffer. They don't do much but burrow and eat but they're awesome!

Sent from my iWishiHadaPhone using Aquarium Advice

A group of dwarf puffers would be fun. You could have around 4-6 or so depending on personalities and male/female ratios.

A single amazon puffer could work.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You could also do a few red eye puffers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advicemyxm mzeN

Ok I think I'm going to get 2 dwarf puffers from thatpetplace.com. I will first put 12 neons in the tank so that they will already be established before the puffers.

I think I am going to plant it with just a bunch of jungle val spread out. I will also get a few medium sized river rocks to lay on the black sand.

The puffers main diet will be a variety of snails (pond, ramshorn, and I'll out a couple mystery and ne rite snails in there).

What do u guys think???

Yea I've had mixed reviews on that. I figured I'll chance it and if they do attack the neons I'll just move the neons to my 90 gallon

With my experience with saltwater puffers they will eat anything they can catch....but I've only had figure 8 puffers in freshwater and they acted about the same

I would avoid ThatPetPlace.com if i were you... I ordered gourami from them and they came in with ick :(

I've had good results from aquariumfish.net, wetspottropicalfish.com, liveaquaria.com, or any of the aquabid.com sellers.

I have a Malabar Puffer in my 55 gal. community tank, the only fish she ever bothered was the my betta but that was my fault. Since the betta is red and lazy, he always sits in the plants. I believe she thought his fins were blood worms. My Puffer is in with tiger barbs, swordtails, black neons, gold gourami and baby cory cats. She used to be in a 30 gallon with the neons, she was bored and kept moving up and down the glass, now she swims with everyone very happily.

I also had a red eyed puffer who was also in a community tank, she was very peaceful too...but sadly she passed away from old age.

A side not, Puffers diet should consist of other meaty foods like blood worms, brine shrimp...etc.

Back
Top Bottom