what kind of gar is this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishhooked

Aquarium Advice Activist
I read spots but he really don't have but three little ones on his belly. It said alligator but idk

ForumRunner_20130720_005947.jpg

ForumRunner_20130720_010000.jpg

I read spots but he really don't have but three little ones on his belly. It said alligator but idk

I hope you have a swimming pool for him oneday! They grow huge and will eat a ton!

Edit- if it was an alligator gar you would know. The head would be wider and the jaws would be shorter

Yeah he's deff got along nose. Do all gar have teeth? Cause this does

Oh yes there like razors. That guy you got there will easily get the size of shaq's leg. I've caught a few while fishing they have very hard bony mouths a ton of teeth and a pretty nasty attitude.

they have nasty teeth lol ive caught a few longnose and shortnose out of the river. this isnt my pic but this is what their mouth will look like
img_2569858_0_bda3b42b34e147ce4f0e527f5e027a18.jpg

Well i reserved a zebra knife fish. Go to pick him up and there's ick in the tank.. So i walked away with this.

Hes in with a black ghost knife, Oscar, red tail cat... 180gal

Good luck is love to have one as a pet but have no idea what I would do with it once it got to big. Mabey eat it no too bony. Lol

I had a pike chicld that came up missing. Hence the new fish.. But it's proving to be a job feeding this fish.:)

I loved that fish.. I had a top with a hole and even though the wife says I'm wrong. I blame her cat.. Icing on the cake. The cats not declawed... I also lost a shovelnose awhile back. That pike chicld was the biggest, most aggressive, crazy mess around fish. I think the only culprit could've been my red tail.

Last edited by a moderator:
They also have been selling rocket gars but that's not what it was labeled as.. I need it big though.. Well atleast to compost with my red tail

I just looked again and it seems like his under belly is a silverish blue.. Does that help

I would say alot less blah color.. Hes got that Shiney Ness on bottom then kinda a nice darker tone green on top. I can prob get a better pic tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom