What kind of mushrooms are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickstar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Need help identifying mushroom coral. Is it healthy? If not what can I do to make it better?

Attachments

• image-1759309131.jpg
    image-1759309131.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1719781848.jpg
    image-1719781848.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 111
Nobody knows what you're doing for them yourself. It's impossible to say if anything is off in your tank unless you tell us what you're levels are, how long they've been in the tank, and something about equipment you're using. They're red mushrooms. Give us a bit more info about your tank and we should be able to help out.

Ammonia- near zero
Nitrite- zero
Nitrate- zero
Ph- 8.2
Specific gravity- 1.0245

patrickstar said:
Ammonia- near zero
Nitrite- zero
Nitrate- zero
Ph- 8.2
Specific gravity- 1.0245

Those are mostly fine. How far from zero is the ammonia? Temp and lights? How long has this tank been running? If these mushrooms are new they may just need to adjust. Do you have powerheads for flow in the tank?

Actually, starting a build thread would help. It could be one place with all the specifics of your system listed and any issues could be addressed without having to repeat all this stuff.

Need help identifying mushroom coral. Is it healthy? If not what can I do to make it better?

If there on top close to the light? Need to move them 1/2 way to bottom reds or most shoo's don't like a lot of light. And a little flow not to strong

+1 on red mushrooms. Mine don't open up really big and fluffy like my other types. Yours do look kind of unhappy but if they are new it will take a bit to get accustomed. Make sure they are low in your tank.

My mushrooms took a while to get big and happy.and they still have off days. Lol. Make sure they're not in direct light. If they get too much light, they'll stay small. I moved mine to the front corners of my tank, even have one around the corner of a rock, and it has still split and gets big in order to get into the light. :)

Back
Top Bottom