What kind of shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrMandM

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im not to sure if these are ghost shrimp or not. Came with a bag of cherries and these two had no red coloration but seem to have a similar structure to the cherries. Any ideas/ conformation would be great

Attachments

• image-54360940.jpg
    image-54360940.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 102
  • image-510246376.jpg
    image-510246376.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 102
Im not to sure if these are ghost shrimp or not. Came with a bag of cherries and these two had no red coloration but seem to have a similar structure to the cherries. Any ideas/ conformation would be great

Glass or grass is the best bet, just watch out for sudden growth spurts particularly if you haven't seen them in a while. I've bought glass shrimp in the past which turned out to be a mix of juvenile amano(?) and juvenile long claw crayfish; very cool but the crayfish was a nasty s.o.b. but other wise they'll be fine

Since they came with cherries, then they are probably male cherries. Some males end up with no coloration I have a few of them like that right now.
They definitely look similar in structure.

I've rarely had a colourless cherry in my experience with them but not impossible, cherry or glass you shouldn't have any problems

I have a few of those in with my cherries and my yellows. I pull them out and they become food.

I have had some with a mix of colors from light yellow to clear to blue and grey, and white. If you are breeding them for color it would be good to remove them, other wise they are as cute and active as any other and fun to see different colors.

Back
Top Bottom