what kind of snail is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shorty13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I originally had 3 snails in a mason jar, and a couple of days after I got them, I found a teeny tiny baby snail in the jar with them. now they are all four living in a ten gallon. I can't show you a picture, but it has a kind of clear body, a cone shaped shell, and the shell is dark brown with gold specks. The others are small pond snails with circular shells (like gary, from spongebob), and their bodies and shells are light and dark brown.

A cone shaped shell with the colors you said could be Malaysian Trumpet Snails. Goggle some pic's of it and see if that is what you have. If so they are IMO good snails as the live in the substrate during the day feeding on detris and aerating the substrate and come out at night to forage.

I found some pictures of baby nerite snails, and one of the pictures looks a lot like my snail that I have. I'm kind of hoping that it is not an assassin snail, because I don't want my other snails to die... Also, I think that I described his shell wrong. It's not like a huge, exaggerated cone, it's barely a cone at all...

Back
Top Bottom