What kind of snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khuligirl93

Aquarium Advice Addict
image-2997388517.jpg

image-2196048883.jpg

I know they're really small in these pictures but does anyone know what kind of snails these are? They almost look like a pond snail that's back half if its shell has been chopped off. But they are moving around fine and all 3 I found look that way!

That looks like a ramshorn snail to me. It looks pretty young. Most of them get a lot bigger than that. Can you get a closer up side view of it?

I found some ramshorn snails in the tank as well that are the same size, they are definitely much different!
Also, not sure if this helps but they were stuck on very tightly to my driftwood. At first I almost thought they were some sort of growth on the wood.
I will try to get a better picture in the morning but those pics were already reaching the limit of my close-up zoom on my phone

Well maybe it could be a ramshorn... The thing that gets me is that the spiral seems to be facing the back instead of the side. But maybe they're going through torsion. I put them back into my tank, I guess I'll just see what they grow up as :)

Back
Top Bottom