What kind of worm is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Massiem1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is this a bristle worm? And are they harmful?

Attachments

• image-3972691307.jpg
    image-3972691307.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 137
Hey, I am not sure if that is a Bristol worm or not, there are over 10,000 different worms in their Bristol worm family, I would do some more research if I was you, because Bristol worms do eat fish so.... :nono: look at the Wikipedia page here Polychaete - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to really look for details about the worm, good luck hope this helps :)

Sure is! They hurt if you touch them, but they are good cuc. Personally I don't like them, because I've touch the bristles on them trying to move a piece of coral. Your choice...they do multiply pretty fast!!

yepper bristleworm. lol They do make a good cuc member BUT i personally dont like them. I have my hands in a tank all the time it seems and I am afraid of getting stuck by one. lol

They can get really long if you feed your tank alot but their numbers will remain low if you dont feed as much. Their population is totally dependant on how you feed. They will quickly multiply if you overfeed. :)

Alrighty thanks everybody! I see a lot of them in my tank but I guess I just have to watch where I put my hands on.

if you see a lot of them in your tank it means your over feeding, cut back on the feeding and it will reduce the population if you dont want them

I only feed my fish once a day usually in the morning. I bought 40lbs of live rock for my tank so they must of been all the hitch hikers I got.

Back
Top Bottom