What lights should I buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

siva

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 20's and a 29 with just their stock fl bulbs. I'm not doing anything fancy for plants, just FloraPride. What is the best lights I can put in there?

Oh I actually meant just to upgrade the bulbs in my stock hoods :whistle: I look at the bulbs and there's a bunch to choose from..I have no idea what I'm looking for.

lol disapointing, I know. That's all that matters? What about watts?

watts are gonna be standard. Florescent bulbs are aren't like incandescents. The length and diameter dictate the Wattage. You might find a variance of like 3 watts, but that is about it.

Ah ok. Should I use root tabs along with the florapride? I'm about to order some but not sure if that's a good idea...

Well I don't know the names of some of them..pennywort, moneywort, microsword, argentine sword, banana plants, java ferns, anubias, corkscrew vals, jungle vals, I think a couple crypts, anacharis..those are the ones I can identify.

And just to clarify, using both root tabs and florapride is not overkill? Also is there a better liquid fert than florapride I should use? I can order whatever, this is just what I found locally.

Not overkill... They provide different nutrients.

Flora pride is K and micros. It is good for a low light tank. I don't think you will need anything else at this point.

Back
Top Bottom