What more to add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelLover1324

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone! I recently added 6 angels, 1 bristlenose pleco, and 6 black skirt tetras into a 75 gal aquarium. I was wondering if I could add another type of tetras if so what kind or just add more of the same kind? If so how many more?

You can check out aqadvisor.com and put in all your specs. It should help give you an idea of what your tank can handle. I will be doing angelfish and rummynose tetras in my 60g soon.

You could add another school of tetra. Get a full bodied type rather than thin bodied. Angels have been known to eat.... or at least attack smaller schooling fish.

I think KF is reading my mind. Add 6x Columbian Tetras. They are beautiful blue and red full bodied tetras.

If I added 6x rummynose tetras,Columbians, bleeding hearts or lemons would any of them be fine with the black skirt tetras and the angelfish? I just don’t want any nipping going on...:fish2:

The standard isn't always the standard. Sometimes you just have to try it out and see what happens. I have black skirts currently with my angelfish and there's no fin nipping. Never has been and it's 3 years now but its claimed black skirts are fin nippers.

I've kept all the listed varieties of Tetras at one time or another. Never a problem with fin nipping.

Back
Top Bottom