What Next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Degonese

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking for anyones opinion on my tank, and what I need to do to accomplish my goal. I want to have a reef tank. I know I need better lighting and I'm working on getting that. That's how this whole thing is going I'm getting everything I need slowing.

So my questions are do more or less of anything? Do I need to get something to move the water in the tank more, or will the return be enough. As of right now I think it's good. But I'm no expert. LOL
Ok, Any more info ou need let me know, I'll post it. And remember, my goal is to have a Reef tank.
Thank You

Attachments

• IMG_1803.jpg
    IMG_1803.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1805.jpg
    IMG_1805.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1806.jpg
    IMG_1806.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1807.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Gonna need a bit more info, like how many watts of lighting and what kind do you have now. Also need to know what type of corals you want to keep? Type of corals will really tell you what type of equipment you want.

You're most likely going to want more than just the return for water flow. It's hard to set up currents that your corals will like with just one water source. The return plus at least 2, maybe 3, powerheads will most likely give you adequate flow. For a 75g tank, you're looking for a combined flow somewhere in the 1200+ gallons/hour range.

You're also probably going to want more rock. Looks a little spare in there, and the more rock you have, the more real estate for the corals!

Right now for lighting 1 normal flourescent light bulb and 1 36 watt coral light. I'm saving up right now for a 48" Dual MH/T5 Classic fixture. I don't know the wattage for that.
I'm also in the process of getting more LR. Especially cause the LR I have now is not a good quality.
I don't really know what kind of coral I want yet. I do know that (if possible) I want to be able to pick out what I want as I go. Be able to have a wide range of coral, anemones, etc...

As Kurt said you`ll really need more LR. I see you have more ordered. That`s good.

Back
Top Bottom