what other fish should I get for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelastasian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
30gal freshwater tank
bulldog pleco
3 platys
plenty of hiding places, has 4 plants, and running a HOB filter rated for 20-40 gal tanks
temp set at 81 F

is there anything in particular you are looking for? ps your heater shouldnt be that high unless you are treating for disease

Just something to add color and life in my tank. What should it be set to?

Alright well you can go with a large school of neon tetras or other small tetras. Or A group of 6-7 rainbows depending on which species you want. Zebra danios are cheap and little psychos and will add a lot of activity to your tank.

Make a trip to your lfs scout out some species of smaller fish and I will help you out. I think a school of something is the way to go.

74-78 degrees is where it should be for most fish. a school of fish and a gourami would be a cool idea not too pricey either. tetras or danios are easy schoolers. i like the long fin red minor tetra

I've had zebra danios before. I like them a lot. Could I mix several types of schooling fish?

Grab a few guppys up there very pretty just don get to many females

i have long fin zebra danios and they are really cool little guys it would look cool to do a school of those and a school of long fin red minor tetras since they all have long fins and both are common/cheap fish

Back
Top Bottom