what other fish should I get for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_2569727_0_c1fe8f256ff1a4cf8ccb375c922a829e.jpg

img_2569727_1_0144ba4a6ec522e0d1989446890cdcac.jpg

petco has the longfin zebras on sale for a dollar a piece and petsmart has the tetras on sale for a dollar a piece right now

I heard something about danios needing a predator or something for them to school together. Or else they don't.

I heard something about danios needing a predator or something for them to school together. Or else they don't.

They will school tighter when threatened like all school fish. This is to lower the chances of an individually being eaten. Adding a predator will get all of your danios eaten quite quickly

I wasn't going to get something that would kill them. But maybe a beta or something that is aggressive

For them to school tight they will have to really feel threatened. They wont care about a betta. you want something Like these guys

image-4146843580.jpg

Minnows have never schooled tighter than when thrown in this tank.

Well that narrows it down to guppies, and then either tetras or barbs. IYE which looks prettier/fits well with your tank?

I tend to like the more stream lined fish so I'd go with tetras. I like neons, bloodfins, Colombian red blues, pristella with tetras possibilities seem endless.

Could I still keep two or three guppies and do two schools of tetras? Or would that be too much you think?

Back
Top Bottom