What other shrimp can I add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have ghost shrimp and just added some blue pearl shrimp to my 29 gallon. Are there any other brightly colored shrimp or invertebrates that I can add to this tank? I don't want the blue pearls to interbreed with another shrimp colony and mess up the color. Both shrimp are making babies and seem to be the only things I am having luck with. I have two Juvenal mollies and three mystery snails in there also. I would like a brightly colored shrimp that I can see without getting up close to the aquarium. Something to add a little more color.

Also, how are you liking your Blue Pearls? I would love to get some of my own ...

Well if they had been all blue I would say I liked them just fine. In the batch I got only two were blue. One was a nice medium blue. I haven't seen the two blue ones in a few days. The others are clearish with a brown upper line down their body and a few red markings. The seller said they would turn blue as they adapted to their new environment. I hope so. They have been breeding like crazy. The little ones are too small to tell color yet. I am getting a small tank and when I catch the bluer ones I am going to put them in their own tank and see if they breed pretty blue shrimp. I hope it was a male and female. They do eat algae though so that is a good thing even if they aren't blue. I will get pictures of them when I can. My sister had a stroke and I have been so busy the last few days taking care of Dad by myself.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister! I totally sympathize with your busy schedule of late, family comes first.

I would love to see pics of the little gang o' blues :)

Back
Top Bottom