what plant is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ram_g0p

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sorry for the bad quality of the picture. This plant just showed up in my tank few wks ago. Just let it grow to see how it comes out. Is this some kind of algae? Thanks.

Attachments

• P1020694.jpg
    P1020694.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 93
It looks like it has little brighter green growing tips which is how Java Moss looks. A tiny little piece was probably a hitchhiker on another plant. It grows like a weed and if you want you can attach it to a piece of DW with some cotton thread.

Thanks. I googled Java moss and some of the pictures it showed looks like what I have. No idea how it got there!!

Congrats! You have Java Moss. Did you buy any new plants recently? If so a piece probably got snagged and hitchhiked. It's harmless and fry like it cause it provides cover.

Well it's been while (about 2 months) since I bought any plants. Last ones were dwarf hair grass, which didn't really take off. I guess I need more lighting. I have only 2x14 watt T5 NO. And it's a 25 gal. My guess the java moss hitchhiked with my java fern, which I bought about 4 months ago. I see some more of the java moss near the roots of the java fern!

Back
Top Bottom