What plants can i have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BGK21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I have a 65 gallon tank that is 24 inches high. I have eco system substrate and my lighting is 2 - 36 inch bulbs that are t5ho. Each are 39 watts. One is 10kk and the other is acitonic I think. Is the acitonic bulb useful or should I switch it out? Would this be low, moderate, or high light? I currently have some Brazilian swords and a java fern. Not sure if they will thrive or not... I am hoping to add more plants but not sure what I could add. I am just starting, by all means a cluekess newbie, and trying to figure out the basics with plants. I am halfway through a fishless cycle. Thanks in advance.

Yep, swap out the Actinic :)

Try some easy stuff first and then try Med-High Light plants and see if they survive.

I'd say try some Crypts, they are favorites of mine...lots of choices !!

Narrow Leaf Java Fern also cool.

Thanks for the chart, that's useful. I've looked at crypts, not sure where to find them though (other than online)

I like anubias, i have several, they seem to be all my cichlids will allow to live.

joel618 said:
I like anubias, i have several, they seem to be all my cichlids will allow to live.

I'd have to agree, everything else I've tried is a veggie Buffett!

Back
Top Bottom