What Protien Skimmer To Buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

basket440

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, I'm looking into getting a protien skimmer and I'm a little confused. First off I have a 55 gallon tank with LR & LS. It has 6 Fish a few shrimp, snails and an arrow crab. I was wondering if I need a sump to use a protien skimmer or If I could use one just on the tank. After reading I'm still a little bit confused on what one to purchase and again if I need a sump. And lastly can anyone suggest a RO/DI system these brown algae spots don't look good haha. Thanks!

Well here's a link for the ro/di machine

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

You could get a hang on back skimmer for your tank no problem, they make some really good ones and some not so good ones. Octopus comes to mind right off the bat and the bak pak skimmers as well. Check out Aquarium Supplies, Aquarium Supply, Aquarium Equipment, AquaCave.com Offers, Discount Fish Tanks & Fish Tank Supplies for Saltwater, Marine, Coral Reef Guide, Freshwater Aquarium they have the best selection of skimmers I've seen with reviews and lots of information on each one.

Reef-master003 said:
I'd go with the RED SEA PRIZM SKIMMER(so far as performance goes)

Are you insane? Google red sea skimmer and have a read. You may as well set fire to your £$€.

Leighton79 said:
Are you insane? Google red sea skimmer and have a read. You may as well set fire to your £$€.

Ive had mine for 2 years and no problems

prizm skimmer, might just as well buy a seaclone. Do they Work? maybe, but there are much better skimmers on the market. A skimmer works much better in a sump where the water doesn't fluctuate. most hob skimmers can be configured to work in-sump as well. For a system Your size a Deltec mc500 would work well.

Back
Top Bottom