What should i add into my 105litre tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djdynamite123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm wanting to get a few more fish to add into my tank with the x2 cloud minnows and x2 goldies i already have which are all 5yr old.

I'm thinking of getting 2 or 3 weather loaches (I know they need some very fine gravel/sand so they can launch into it and bury themselves in times of stress and activity, which i will do before hand) I will also buy a smooth non jagged mountain cave shipwreck kind of thing to use for cover for the loaches.

I will be adding 2 nice soft artificial plants into the aquarium tomorrow. (Just chucked my other 2 out as they were trashed!).

Just wondering what would go down well with my minnows and goldies?

I guess i might buy a couple more minnows too. Of course when i finally buy some more additions to my tank they will be put into my spare 55litre tank to monitor them for about 7 days.

My fish tank is always at 18.5-20C during summer and 15-18C in winter (something like that anyway!).
Iv'e had the fish here for 5 years.
dscf3934w.jpg

I only clean the tank out once every 6-8 months or so (a full water change, except about 15litres from the water they are kept in whilst i'm doing a clean) I have always added various treatments into my water on every system water change and the 4 fish iv'e had have never had a issue.
I clean the filter pump every 5-14 days depending on weather it stop blowing oxygen bubbles and just passing water through at it's 300l/h speed.
I feed them a reasonable pinch of food flakes every morning and that's it.

if the 26.1 gallons thing in your sig is true,your horribly overstocked as it is

if the 26.1 gallons thing in your sig is true,your horribly overstocked as it is
The fish aren't big though, the 2 comet goldfish are about 5" or so. Iv'e seen tanks way overly stocked with many fish, if we go by what they need when they are ADULT fish, they would need a tank the size of a house the way some people have many fish added in!

The fish aren't big though, the 2 comet goldfish are about 5" or so. Iv'e seen tanks way overly stocked with many fish, if we go by what they need when they are ADULT fish, they would need a tank the size of a house the way some people have many fish added in!
as it is your overstocked right now,and you really should go by adult size, when you get the fish you may intend to get a bigger tank,but what if something comes up and you cant? comet goldfish need like 55 gallons per fish,so to keep only them youd need a 110 gllon tank. at that size,you could probably add more minnows,but only because they have(correct me if im wrong) very little bioload.oh! and in your sig it says there all 5 years old,if they were in the 26 galllon tank(or a smaller one) for that time,they are horribly stunted by now.

I would rehome one of the goldfish before you add anymore fish. I would also suggest changing your water once a week before you add anymore fish. The reason you get away with that is because goldfish are hardy fish so they can be kept in dirty water, however that's not the best way to keep them as they're more prone to illness. If you only do water changes every 6-8 months and you add fishes there is a possibility they can get very sick.

Back
Top Bottom