What should I do with my tomato clown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueDolphin

Aquarium Advice Freak
shemp22 said:
get on I-4 and go east, stop in lakeland and check out Noland's aquarium super store. They have lots of selection and good prices. He's mostly saltwater also has a large saltwater pond. Check it out.

Hello all. I know this is an older post, but I was actually just on the phone with Nolan's and I don't think I will ever go back there. I was wanting to exchange my tomato clown that I just purchased there yesterday for another more peaceful fish. The tomato is in my QT right now. First off, they said that they have very strict rules about their saltwater fish and couldn't take it back, but I could call later and talk to the manager if I wanted. Secondly, when I asked if they had any butterflyfish in stock, they told me they didn't know and I should come down and take a look at the tanks myself. WHAT?! What kind of customer service is that?! Shouldn't they know what they have in stock???

Sorry for the rant, but that made me upset. I miss my LFS from when I lived in Pensacola.... Lakeland doesn't have any good ones at all! Guess I will be heading to Tampa for my next purchase.

Any ideas on what I should do with my little Tomato Clown? I don't want to put him in the main tank because I have a smaller Percula (didn't know that multiple clown species was not a good idea). :(

Actually, I think it is an algae....sorry, it has been a while since I took biology...

on that side note...

red tide is actually a naturally occuring microscopic alga. the organism produces a toxin that can affect the central nervous system of fish. only when it reaches high concentrations does it become known as red tide or the HAB (harmful algal bloom).

i did an internship at mote marine lab and worked with one of the graduate students who was studying the effects of red tide on sarasota bay and surrounding area dolphinis. :) very interesting!

I'm not too sure how far Lakeland is from Tampa or Orlando, but if Orlando is closer, I've got 2 LFS's here that I can recommend. Both being very good at educating about the fish/equipment one is purchasing.

Back
Top Bottom