What should i do with my tropical fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meganxloveee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have thought about selling them online or putting an ad in my local newspaper but I'm just not sure. Any advice? I plan to keep at least one due to this being the first batch of fry I have ever experienced. Also, I have two more pregnant fish so I'm going to have a tankful if I don't soon start finding them homes. Thank you in advance!

Mostly mollies. The fry that were just dropped were Dalmatian mollies, I was shocked that when they were born they already had a significant amount of specks and markings. I assume that is just because of their species, though. Then A Silver Molly that is soon to give birth and a guppy. Great advice! I never even thought of that.

I have had Molly fry and nothing to do with em. Now I have jack fry, about 150 of em I keep buying tanks. My fish stores here won't take em. Good luck with your babies!

honestly there isnt much you can do, as u now know they are soooooo prolific that they just arnt worth any money. i personaly put adds on the net for my locat aria at a doller each so far i have made some cash from em but i have added a few more fish to the tank that will eat the fry just to keep the numbers in check.... i know it sounds harsh but there just isnt a demand for most livebearers

Back
Top Bottom