What size tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I plan on getting a large saltwater tank when I move into my house in a little less then a year and would like to do a tank with large fish like tangs, angels, butterfly's, and what not. I would love a 150 gallon cube but am unsure if this is enough swimming space for tangs. If not What size cube tank would work? Id like 150-200 gallons. I know a 200 gallon isn't a cube but I just want something that is really deep because I don't want to have like a 7 or 8 foot tank.

I'd say get a 150 or 180 rectangular tank. You can easily get a 6' tank (perfect for tangs) with a 2' depth.

A 150' cube won't be enough swimming space. They really do need long tanks; unless you're opting for smaller tangs (komini's, kole eyes etc)

Well I plan on getting a large saltwater tank when I move into my house in a little less then a year and would like to do a tank with large fish like tangs, angels, butterfly's, and what not. I would love a 150 gallon cube but am unsure if this is enough swimming space for tangs. If not What size cube tank would work? Id like 150-200 gallons. I know a 200 gallon isn't a cube but I just want something that is really deep because I don't want to have like a 7 or 8 foot tank.

It depends on the size of the fish you are getting...I'm currently looking into getting some smaller fish in that variety and they would all work for my 48" long 75 gallon.

I would really like to know more as well! :) Subscribed!

I just really like the potential for aqua scaping a tank with a36" depth. But I guess a 180 would do...the last thing I would want is a bunch of tangs with ich

Tall tanks can be difficult to do things like scaping in. You almost have to dunk your head to reach the bottom. I have used the grabbers that you can buy, but its not the same as placing things by hand. Just sayin'

A 150 gallon cube is 24ish inches deep just the same as a 180 gallon tank. I'm thinking I'll probably have to go with a 180. I would just love to aqua scape a large cube. But lighting probably costs less in a 180 then a 150 cube beings I'd need 2x fixtures.

Back
Top Bottom