What species is this? Algae gobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
So many questions. I know. Haha this guy was adopted from craigslist. Guess the lady was breeding them.

Attachments

• image-1258816934.jpg
    image-1258816934.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image-2892652547.jpg
    image-2892652547.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 61
If it is, it may not eat that much algae, especially when it gets larger. They are not the best for algae control.
what do you suggest is the best for a 29g tank?And so far he has been doing a great job for the past month and a half.

Chinese algae eaters eat algae like mad when young but they soon get up to a foot in length and never touch algae again. They can also be belligerent and aggressive. Yes your little guy will get up to a foot! I'm not so sure on what is a good 29 gallon algae eater, a school of oto cats will work but they're pretty small. Small plecos prefer driftwood and algae is actually only a small fragment of their diet.

I've had 2 bristlenose plecos in my 36 gal for a couple years now and they've done a great job with the algae, but I would not recommend getting 2 because they are quite territorial. I recently gave one to a friend with a 29 gal. They were about 1" when I got them, but now they're about 5".

I've had 2 bristlenose plecos in my 36 gal for a couple years now and they've done a great job with the algae, but I would not recommend getting 2 because they are quite territorial. I recently gave one to a friend with a 29 gal. They were about 1" when I got them, but now they're about 5".
Do they need a special diet? Algae wafers, other wafers? Etc?

Back
Top Bottom