What spots on driftwood spreading. Connected to sick fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daven

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453342908.096216.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453342918.194971.jpg

I have had corries dieing with white fuzz on them and fin rot. Does anybody know what these spots are? I noticed that the driftwood peice I had purchased had a few on it after I had put it in. I didn't think much of it but now it's on my other price of driftwood that never had any. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I has those in one of my pieces driftwood look like small white circles an my fish never got sick

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Yes i do have snails. MTS, ramshorn, and recently a new nerite snail. The older snails dont make eggs like that, but apparently nerite eggs fit the description. Thanks! Kind of weird that it came with the new driftwood and stayed around until now though lol But it was in a tank before so i guess a coincidence

And im stumped on how it could be water quality. Consistantly stayed at or below 5ppm nitrates at all time, changing out 30% or so of water a week. My plants spent most of the time bottoming out the nitrates. No amonia or nitrite aside from a hint here and there from adding new fish (less than .25ppm) and this only ever lasted a matter of days before i tested and dealt with it. Im thinking it might be due to my tetras stressing them out and nipping them since they stay at the bottom of the tank as well. And the fungus a result of the stress and open wounds. Right now they are alone in my 10g quarantine being treated with an api fungus treatment and if they recover well they will join my girlfriend's pandas in her tank instead since they appear to be doing good there. I dont see any fungus on the survivors, but they arent eating :/

Back
Top Bottom