What T5HO Lighting To Get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im looking for a nice T5HO light fixture with 4x 54w bulbs 48inches for my 75 gallon planted tank. i was wondering if anyone could help me out with some good brands that would give me what i need I cant spend over 200$ so please keep that in mind, im not looking to spend 500$ on a light I just need something that will get the job done.

I have been looking at Both Odysessy fixtures but read mixed reviews about them some people saying they are great and other say they are junk. Im also looking at the fixtures that Fishneedit.com sell havent really been able to find much information about them.

Does it really matter what fixture you buy if you just replace the bulbs? because the main thing I read about Odysesy is that the bulbs suck and you have to replace them...well at 98$ for a fixture I would belive they are bad but will the low cost reflect the quality of the fixture if I put in some new good bulbs? I find it hard to belive theres really that much difference in the fixture.

I chose the Hagen glo; I have two (4bulbs) on my 80g. Seems to do just fine for my fast/high plants. Certainly no where close to $500.

Look at fishneedit.com excellent fixtures with an excellent price. They also allow bulb choice at no extra charge.

Back
Top Bottom