what the heck is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supafreak

Aquarium Advice Activist
just days after installing our mh lighting, there is a brassy corored something all over the rocks, and coral. The "stuff" is only within the illumination that the mh light covers. I don't know what the heck this is, but if you might, then please let me know

can i put snails in yet? The tank is still new, but my conditions are all great. Amonia 0 nitrite 0, and nitrates are aroune 10-15. I wasn't sure at what point to put in your clean up crew

if your tank is new, its probably part of the normal algae growth cycle. it should clear up in a week or so. i think you would be ok adding the cleanup crew, looks like you are at the end of your cycle. if it were me, i would preform a water change and add the cleanup crew.

You will have some weird algea blooms for the first month of your tanks life. Should be fine and should go away on its own. Just watch that it doesn't start destroying anything that it shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom