What the heck is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CD.Priest

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok everyone, I think this might be a bristle worm, but that is only from someone who "thinks" they know what it is. Is it good/bad? Reef safe? Possible problems? There is a regular cloths pin to give it a reference to size. (The only thing I could grab before it crawled away) Thanks for all the help!

Attachments

• image-1244144480.jpg
    image-1244144480.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 306
  • image-832957642.jpg
    image-832957642.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 332
  • image-3274120680.jpg
    image-3274120680.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 308
  • image-1144343724.jpg
    image-1144343724.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 308
That is a Bearded Fireworm...definitely bad news! If it was out with the lights on, its not your common bristleworm. Fireworms have no fear or predation, so they come out during the day. Common bristles hide. Those are the nasty ones. Remove it, not reef safe!

Good thinking for showing the clothespin for perspective. He's pretty good size, and you definitely want that out of your tank!! Either build a trap or grab him with a large pair of tweezers/forceps while he's out, but you absolutely do not want to touch him..... you will regret it for about a week.

get it dead as quick as possible, one of girls at my lfs an her husband keep a 180 reef and she told me after her husband got stung by one of these he actually began to halucinate.

Wow! That's big. I hope I never get one cuz I'd be too scared to grab it!! Guess that's what husband are for. :) lol

Beengirl said:
Wow! That's big. I hope I never get one cuz I'd be too scared to grab it!! Guess that's what husband are for. :) lol

Haha! I wouldn't grab it either! I'd call for reinforcements!!

Convict2161 said:

Shouldn have told about the hallucinations next thing we know kids will be selling fireworms at school lol :)

Convict2161 said:

What??!! No!! You're the guy to call when things go very wrong, right??!! You're not allowed to call for someone else to do it!! :) lol

Beengirl said:
What??!! No!! You're the guy to call when things go very wrong, right??!! You're not allowed to call for someone else to do it!! :) lol

I hate spiders and creepy crawling things...

Shhhh.... Are little secret :)

Thanks to everyone! Had no idea this thing was that nasty! I'll be getting him outta there the first chance I get(with some sort of tongs). Thanks again!

Beengirl said:
Lmao. Never reveal Your Achilles heel!! :)

Your far enough away, I don't have to worry about a spider being placed around the place. Plus these city spiders are HUGE!! No thank you.

Beengirl said:

Bahahahaasssss!!!!! You tell him!!! Not so BA now, eh???

Too bad it's bad for the tank that thing is AWESOME!!!

CD.Priest said:
Ok everyone, I think this might be a bristle worm, but that is only from someone who "thinks" they know what it is. Is it good/bad? Reef safe? Possible problems? There is a regular cloths pin to give it a reference to size. (The only thing I could grab before it crawled away) Thanks for all the help!

Any one if this is bad for the tank?

Attachments

• image-3826724266.jpg
    image-3826724266.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 165
AndrewsPistol said:
Bahahahaasssss!!!!! You tell him!!! Not so BA now, eh???

Too bad it's bad for the tank that thing is AWESOME!!!

What is it Bristol worm or fire worm and how do u suggest getting rid of them"?i been told that Thayer can be good in small Numbers.

Back
Top Bottom