What the hell is this ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HOLY CRAP I CAN'T SEARCH ANYMORE!

I thought I would be able to find something, but after 30 minutes of looking at every type of worm, centipede, millipede, and other assorted creepy crawlies I now have the worst case of heebie jeebies ever. My skin is tingling.

Anyway, I was able to narrow it down to a type of centipede or a poultry parasite.

madasafish said:
After all, with asexual reproduction in inverts, the possibilities are endless! You could have dozens or hundreds of these... squiggly, hideous, scary things. Maybe some ppl would even want them for their tanks!? (not me... but I know of collectors of the wierd and, um, wonderful).

I'm seeing a fear factor episode in this :wink:

Well I thought the thread about the 4-inch white worm, nematode type thing, that lives in the bellies of ghost shrimp took the cake, but this is WAY creepier. I don't think I could have put it back in the tank. I too am covered in goose pimples just reading this... 8O

You are probably right, though, I'll bet there is no harm to the fish that it is there.

Two words:

*bleep* THAT!!!

I have a house rule on the number of appendages a resident of my place is allowed to have, and that thing is just a wee bit over the limit.

There's no way that thing would stay. Imagine if that thing ever escaped your tank?

Deli_conker, why'd you have to bring that up? Eewwwwww....

I have the heeby jeebies now. And I'm going digging for unwanted guests!

holy BEEP

Kim you have a family of them now well I dunno what it is, for a second (being that I am only across the water) I thought it was a rag worm but you say it has no teeth and I think they need seawater anyhow to live, so I think youve have imported it in somehow.

As for putting it back in the tank WHY???

:D

TankGirl said:
Well I thought the thread about the 4-inch white worm, nematode type thing, that lives in the bellies of ghost shrimp took the cake, .

Where did you find this article? I think I had the same thing.

Were there any pictures of the nematode thing? :p

I had anchorworms hanging out of a Guppy once, is was freaking disgusting, the worms were almost as long as the fish and moving around :(

Just to keep you up to date, family is still doing well. Probably more than three now as they are quite easy to find.

No fish missing though I do have an infinite supply of baby Platty so maybe that's why.

Anybody want to buy a batch of EEeeek worms. Have something none of your friends have ! (or want).

Send £1000 to my Paypal account

This is just amazing. Next thing you know, these worms are going to be the next invert type thing we all want to keep in our tanks! You'll be rich.....

Sure, we are grossed out now, but imagine the first time someone wanted to keep a shrimp (bug!) in their aquarium.

Still, the apendage thing is the road block for me - kind of like why we are generally skeeved out by spiders. :?

Thanks for the update - it is a fascinating occurrence and we will probably be referring to this thread in the future. Hmm. 6 pages, Monster Island?

Boy, FW keepers would really be grossed out by what comes on SW lr!! Sw keepers tend to like things like this in their tanks (bristle worms, peanut worms etc.) they are good detrivores generally. How about pods crawling all over your glass when there is a population explosion every now and then!

i have SW and FW tanks and that looks exactly like a bristleworm, didnt know that they were inhabitants of FW too.

i have SW and FW tanks and that looks exactly like a bristleworm, didnt know that they were inhabitants of FW too.

Max. the picture on Pg 26 of that PDF is certainly the closest I've seen so far. Head looks different but the boddy and legs are a good match. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom