What the hell is this ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seaworm- Bloodworm (Glycera di Branchiata) can only live in salt water (1.024 to 1.025 specific gravity). Fresh water will instantly kill this type of bloodworm.

It looks like a sand worm. Like the ones you buy for fishing in the sea. It may be so sort of sand worm for fresh water. Try putting it on a towel and messing around with its head. If two very big pinchers come out to bite you then I would definaly say that it is a sand worm. THe only question I have it how is it living in a freshwater tank. Is your tank brackish?

I'd like one, but £1000?

As has been said before, the creatures are, in all likelihood, freshwater polychaetes (which occur [sparsely] across various isles of the Indo-Pacific, through a broad pan-tropical [and warm-temperate] belt of both New and Old World, to such outposts as the Caspian Sea, Lake Baikal, and New Zealand), thus accounting for the resemblance to a marine "bloodworm"; they likely came in as juveniles or cysts amongst your live plants.

doea the worm have a bulbus head? I really want to know if it has those big sand worm pinchers. put it in a towel and poke it and prod it. Sometimes it takes awile. if he is a sand worm it is almost amazing how big the pinchers are. ANd, they hurt if you got a big worm. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom