What time to test water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ztigris

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was thinking about when it's best to test the water in a planted tank. At the beginning of the photo period? Middle? Or end of the photo period?
I usually test in the middle during the week and right before on the weekend. I was thinking yesterday that the levels may change from beginning to end of the photo period.

All that would change any large amount would be PH, because of CO2 levels.

I test mine before my water changes, and then one day after. usually ends up being around 10:00PM.

My thought process was, since the plants are utilizing nitrates, etc. That may cause it to test higher or lower depending on the time you chose to test.

It's an interesting thought. At first I wouldn't think it would change too much, but it may be worth keeping a log and testing the different time periods for the month. Then you can look back and see if there is a steady change throughout the day.

you made my brain hurt..

It's an interesting thought. At first I wouldn't think it would change too much, but it may be worth keeping a log and testing the different time periods for the month. Then you can look back and see if there is a steady change throughout the day.

you made my brain hurt..

Edit: Consistent change not steady.

Back
Top Bottom