What to do with 1g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Endgame319

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I snapped up a 5g in a garage sale and now I have an empty 1g. I dont want to put another betta in there so do I have any other options? It has an under-gravel filter and a heater and everything.

If you have anything that eats snails it would be good for breeding them in there.

-brent

I like the ghost shrimp idea. They are interesting to watch, and you won't have to worry about a fish eating them!

Or...you could keep the 1g as a betta QT tank. I have a 1g bowl that I only use as the QT bowl when necessary.

Use it as a med bath bowl..whe it is meds you only soak an animal in....

Use it for sun tea?

A betta or small fish QT (it has the mini equipment right?)

My daughter is snapping up 1 -3 gallon minitanks at every yard sale & thrift shop to prepare for when she is in the separation phase of her spawns. Right now only 3 of the the first small spawn required separation because of disportionate size or aggressive tendencies. But she is getting ready (don't know what she will do with them once her barracks system is done..cute terrariums with a frog?)

Instead of Java Fern get Java Moss and ghost shrimp. This way if they ever reproduce you have a better chance of the ghost shrimp young surviving without any real effort on your part.

Grow a watermelon in it. Then it will end up being shaped like the tank.

No seriously, I like the ghost shrimp idea,

or how about some micro fish like the dwarf goby if you dont do that.

snapcrackler said:
Grow a watermelon in it. Then it will end up being shaped like the tank.

MMM a hexa-watermelon! Cool.

Getting a little punchy...

Ghost shrimp idea sounds good. I guess if it's a tall tank, like those hex's you could do a sorta terraced planted effect and put some cherry shrimp or ghost shrimp in there... They'd be neat to watch.

My sister kept an apple snail in hers - it was the only thing that would survive! I'd find myself falling into a meditative state watching it. That was pretty cool. One time about 40 min had passed and I didn't even know till I looked at the clock. I felt very relaxed and refreshed afterwards like I had a good nights sleep.

Back
Top Bottom