what to do with an empty one gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
As of today I have an empty tank, and I am curious what you guys think I should do with it...

That's a tough one ... keep a plant in it ... about all it's good for in terms of stock. Maybe a shrimp or snail?

I agree with the above. It's just too small to do anything with. Maybe a ceramic goldfish? Saw that in a decorating magazine and it looked great! (y)

Or raise brine shrimps, it's really not that hard.

You could use it to grow misss and transfer them to a bigger tank later.

I think my best option is to make it a shrimp tank or hatch brine shrimp in it. But right now its being used as a guppy fry tank. There are only two fry in there though.

How about a planted shrimp bowl you could even do without the shrimp, its fairly easy get a small amount of substrate, moss, and a stem plant and grow it and maintain it by putting it next to a window if you want an example look up Newman's Shrimp Bowl it looks really nice with my 1 gallon I will occasionally rescue a fry or two and try to raise them.

Shrimp and plants. Its fine for the fry as long as they are tiny, not too numerous, and they need a heater to grow well.

Aquali said:
How about a planted shrimp bowl you could even do without the shrimp, its fairly easy get a small amount of substrate, moss, and a stem plant and grow it and maintain it by putting it next to a window if you want an example look up Newman's Shrimp Bowl it looks really nice with my 1 gallon I will occasionally rescue a fry or two and try to raise them.

I could do something similar, but the problem is mine is shape like a triangle, not a sphere.

absolutangel04 said:
Shrimp and plants. Its fine for the fry as long as they are tiny, not too numerous, and they need a heater to grow well.

I will look for a mini heater next time I am at the store.

KeeperOfFish said:
I would use it as a quarantine or fry tank.

But I thought a qt tank was supposed to be way bigger (like 10 gallons)... but the biggest fish I will ever get is probably a pair of rams for my (hopefully my mom let's me get it) possibly future 20 long... I don't think it is big enough for rams. But I think I might as well use it as a qt tank for the fish that are in my ten gallon, and maybe some smaller tank mates in the twenty long. If I had shrimp in there could I move them out whenever I needed the tank as quarantine? That way it wouldn't look so empty and boring when not in use...

George9 said:
Lol I got one of those in Hawaii.

My parents went there without me... twice... :/ I wish I could go sometime... lol I know this is random

maxwellag said:
My parents went there without me... twice... :/ I wish I could go sometime... lol I know this is random

Aww, maybe they'll take you next time! Lots of nice fish and turtles underwater!

Last Hawaii post, I'm getting off topic

Back
Top Bottom