What to do with guppy fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcannelis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 32 fry 15 full size and a 15 g tank so I can't keep them all. My mom won't let me use as food. Oh and they're preg again due next week

If you can't get them in another tank, you could either give them away and/or sell them. Your lfs or lps might want to buy some

Hello. Well, seeing as guppies can get pregnant almost immediately after giving birth, having a permanently pregnant fish giving birth every few weeks is a possibility in your tank. I would look into selling the fry or separating from their parents (to prevent the possibility of inbreeding) or even selling the breeding pair of fish to another aquarium owner. The problem is only to increase as the number of fry increases, so try to choose the option that's best for you the fastest. Hope this helps.

I wouwld suggest getting a bigger tank if they are breeding often. You can keep them all in the 15 but it is going to be alot of work.. you will need to incest in a vaccuum and do water changes weekly and if needed.. a full water change every month or two depending on how messy they are...

Back
Top Bottom