What to expect at east TN frag swap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sgc1107

Aquarium Advice Freak
In Knoxville TN they are doing the eastern Tennessee frag swap in June. I've never been and thought only being in the hobby for 9mo it would be a great learning experience for me. What should I prepare for? A bunch of cheap corals so I should bring a bucket... Or two... Or three lol

Oh yeah what I have seen is a 50 percent difference or more. Depending on the sellers some are just hobbiest wanting to share their corals not in it for the money. If you have a marine society in your area check it out. The one down here charges $20 for yearly membership but you have access to other members who sell stuff and also 15 percent off livestock at local lfs.check the frag swap website sometimes they have coupons by one frag get one free.

Oh yeah what I have seen is a 50 percent difference or more. Depending on the sellers some are just hobbiest wanting to share their corals not in it for the money. If you have a marine society in your area check it out. The one down here charges $20 for yearly membership but you have access to other members who sell stuff and also 15 percent off livestock at local lfs.check the frag swap website sometimes they have coupons by one frag get one free.

Thanks!! Will look into it!

I live in new England and at the shows I have been to a lot of people bring small coolers to hold onto their corals and such when they leave. Maybe to help keep the temp stable until they get to wherever they are going? They are a lot of fun though and of you only bring a set amount of money it really makes your decisions difficult! Haha good luck!

Back
Top Bottom