What to feed Lawnmower blenny?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nam2212

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Lawnmower blennie that doesn't like to eat. He seems happy, always swimming from rock to rock and checking me out. I have tried to feed him the algae sheets, but he doesn't seem interested at all. He doesn't eat flake food either. I have never seen him grazing on the algae in the tank, but I guess he could be. Anybody have any suggestions on what he might like? Is it safe to feed him the algae discs that are made for FW plecos? Thanks.

I tried everything, flake, discs, hair algae everything.... that was when he was in QT. After 3 weeks he was noticeably thin, so I ended QT early and put him in the display tank.

After a day or so, I put the very same stuff (Ocean Nutrition Seaweed Selects) on a clip half way up the side of the tank. Within minutes he tore into it. Since then he has eaten that every day, and I now see him grazing algae all over the place.

My lesson. Don't give up.

(of course the bugger won't eat the hair algae, but that's another battle)

I guess I am luck mine eats hair algae, flake, nori, frozen, even the pellets I feed to the bigger fish and inverts (after they soften up)
He is fat!! 8O
What a character. :)
I did lose one in qt that wouldn't eat before him. I learned my lesson, this guy I SAW eat at the LFS before I brought him home.

Back
Top Bottom