what to feed newly hatched angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd ask bob McCoy. I could be wrong but baby brine shrimp is a good option

Hikari First Bites, it's for all fish fry. I feed it to my African fry and it has a pic of an angelfish and her babies on the front :)

Baby brine shrimp, microworms, Walter worms, and banana worms are all great choices. Egg yolk (boil an egg and mash up the yolk) or hikari first bites are good too.

all the above are excellent choices. would like to see pics of your baby angels

Back in the day, I used to start all of my Angel fry on newly hatched brine shrimp but some of today's strains appear to be too small to feed them that as a first food. Microworms or infusoria (green water) would be a good choice for these types. Not all fry will eat powdered food as a first food if it is not moving. This is why I prefer live first foods. They are also less likely to pollute the fry's water.

Hope this helps

I went with baby brine shrimp. Thanx for everybody's help. I never planned on breeding angels it happened by accident. My angel tank busted a seal so I had to take my angels to a buddies house. A week later and I'm still trying to get a replacement tank and he calls me and says one of my angels and one of his laid eggs. Im still trying to get a tank going but once i do we are gonna divide the fry up between us and grow them out. They are doing great and growing fast.

Back
Top Bottom