What Type of Anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got this little thing, and i was wondering what type it is. my cinnamon clown loves that they. he never comes out unless its feeding time.
thanks

ya but how exactly do you feed them. like where do you put the food. just shove it in there tenticles or what

I lay it across the tentacles and the anemone takes it where it wants it and when it wants it.

my question is... what do you do with three fish that love to steal the food, a clown fish that is getting hugh and eating all of the food that I put in for the anemones. My LFS tells us that the other fish will stay away cause the anemones will sting them..... Wrong.... Both the yellow tang and the regal tang make a meal out of the anemones food..

I feel like I need a separate tank just to feed them... :D

I feed the anemone after the other fish have been fed...and the pieces are larger than what the fish would usually eat.

will putting some food between my pinched figers and putting it in there mouth work?

If you are not sensitive to the sting, that would work. A set of those plastic feeding tongs are a good investment to.

ive never been stong yet. i have touched it alot like when i first got it i just picked it up with my hand. so maybe i dont feal it, or he just isnt mean.

Just do not use the orange cocktail type shrimp. The preservative is toxic to marine animals. Fresh scallops work well.

i just tryed to feed it some frozen Formula One With Caulerpa Algae With Gel Binder to Maximize Fish Nutrition. i gave home 2 small peices. one i have hime and then i left the room and it wasnt there anymore. so he either ate it or it went to the fishys. then the other peace is just sitting in its mouth. alot of the tenticles are really skinny. and some are swisting around on the ends to make a really small ball. what else should i do

Not much I guess. It will eat or it won't. I don't know how long you've had it. Your post says you just got it. It might take it a while to get settled before it eats. If it pushes the food back out, I would give it a couple days and try again.

Hara said:
I feed the anemone after the other fish have been fed...and the pieces are larger than what the fish would usually eat.
How do you get fish that know when they are full??? :D As far as the size of the pieces, we've been putting in really big pieces, its a comical sight watching them steal the pieces from each other no matter what size, it's like watching a bunch of kids playing basketball.

We have been feeding the frozen prime reef (of course defrosted) and it just doesnt seem to last that long on the anemones with the fish being there. Course the clown fish is getting reaaaalllllyyyyy big...

We're going to the lfs so we'll get some... I might even get them some live sea monkeys... lol (anyone remember that marketing tool way back when?)

Orange type coctail shrimp... Getting a little nervous here, are you talking about what we get from the lfs?

I am looking into different feeding options for a dog-face puffer fish also and they told me to get "muscles" to help keep his jaw/teeth grinded down... seems I saw an article after I both this little sweet thing and the jaws might give him a problem later if we dont feed him right. We've been trying the frozen praline and krill. Between him and the trigger they just go thru it like crazy.

As a mother... I'm also worry about too much roughage and not a balance diet. :roll: :oops: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom